The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Litter-Robot 4: Inaccurate Cat Weight
- Make sure your unit is plugged in.
- Make sure your unit is connected and online.
- Make sure your firmware is up-to-date. If the app does not give you the option to update, you have the latest version.
The Litter-Robot is equipped with Weight Sensors located in the base of the unit that are used to further detect and weigh the cat within the Globe while in the Home position.
If your Litter-Robot 4 is not accurately detecting your cat's weight, this is typically an issue with the placement of your robot. The Cat Sensor Weight Scale may also record a partial measurement when a curious kitty puts weight on the step without completely entering the unit.
Successful: If your cat fully entered the unit and the correct weight is recorded, you've been successful.
Unsuccessful: If your cat fully entered the unit and the correct weight is not recorded, please continue.
Reset the weight scale
Any time you affect the weight or placement of the unit (including emptying the Waste Drawer, adding or removing litter, or cleaning or moving the unit), press the Reset button to ensure the Weight Sensors will detect your cat and cycle properly. Be careful not to rest on the unit as you press the Reset button, or your weight will influence the reading.
- Place the unit on a firm, level surface. Avoid soft, uneven, or unstable flooring for accurate weight measurements. However, the Litter-Robot 4 Carpet Tray can be used to improve the accuracy of SmartScale™ weight readings when Litter-Robot 4 sits on carpet.
- Place your litter mat completely in front of the unit, not partially underneath.
- All sides of the robot should not touch any walls or other surfaces.
- Check that all four feet can move freely and clear any litter or debris that may be stuck in or around the feet.
Clean the Bezel
- If your cat's weight is reading 0.0, clean the Bezel. Debris (dust, cat fur, etc) can interfere with the laser sensors and inaccurately measure your cat's weight.
- Wipe the Bezel area where the sensors are located with a dry clean cloth to remove any hair or dust.
- Vacuum the inside perimeter of the Bezel with a brush attachment, passing over the holes at the top of the Bezel.
- Press the Reset button
Update your unit's firmware to correct known issues with the unit and ensure the best possible operation.
- In the Whisker app, select your Litter-Robot 4 from the dashboard.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Firmware Information.
- Tap Update Firmware to begin the update process. If you don’t see the option, then your firmware is updated.
Successful: If your Whisker app properly records your cat's weight you've been successful.
Unsuccessful: If your Whisker app does not properly record your cat's weight, there's likely an issue with your Litter-Robot.
Need Technical Support?
Our Troubleshooting Wizard will solve most issues and is the fastest way to get help.