The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Litter-Robot 3: Fixing a Loose Gear
If your Litter-Robot is experiencing a free or loose spinning gear, and no globe movement, the set screw may have come loose.
- 3mm Hex Wrench
1. Turn off and unplug the Litter-Robot
2. Remove the bonnet and globe
3. Locate the black spur gear on the control panel side of your Litter-Robot. Press on the gear. If it moves, you need to tighten the set screw.
Tightening the Set Screw
1. Locate the shaft attached to the gear—this is where the set screw is located. If you can see the screw, skip to step 5.
2. If you can not see the screw, reinstall the bonnet back on the base without the globe. This will allow you to run the motor without obstructing your view of the gear.
3. Turn on the power and watch for the flat side to rotate into the position that enables you access to the set screw. The flat side of the shaft will be facing you.
4. Once aligned, turn off the power and unplug the unit.
5. Using a 3mm hex wrench, tighten the set screw by turning it to the right.
6. Attempt to move the gear with your fingers to assess if the screw is tightened enough. If the gear still moves, repeat step 5.
7. Remove the bonnet if needed, then replace the globe and bonnet back on the base.
8. Plug it in and turn the power on.
9. Press the Cycle button. After your Litter-Robot cycles, it should return to the Home position, displaying a blue light on the control panel.
Successful: If you unit displays a blue light on the control panel, you've been successful.
Unsuccessful: If the globe still isn't turning, there's likely an issue with your Litter-Robot.
Issue not resolved?
What do I do?
My unit is covered by WhiskerCare™
If your Litter-Robot is covered by WhiskerCare™ warranty, you have access to replacement parts, at no cost, to get your Litter-Robot up-and-running quickly.
- Simply log in to your account at litter-robot.com.
- Click on ‘My Robots’ to access the parts available for your robot.
- Select the part you need.
- We’ll ship you the part at no cost, along with detailed instructions.
The warranty on my unit has expired
If your unit is no longer under warranty, we can help you with the necessary parts and instructions to properly fix your unit at home.
Parts Needed (choose one):
Need technical support?
Our easy-to-use Troubleshooting Wizard will solve most issues and is the fastest way to get help.