The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Litter-Robot 3: Replacing the Globe Liner
Litter-Robot 3 is equipped with a flexible black rubber Globe liner. It has a raised fill line to indicate how much litter to add to Litter-Robot. During rotation, a weight behind the Globe liner causes the liner to fall away from the Globe to ensure any stuck-on clumps are removed.
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
1. Empty all litter from the Globe by pressing the Empty button on the Control Panel. Once complete, brush any remaining litter through the waste port, then press the Reset button to return the Globe to the Home position.
2. Press the Power button to turn the unit off and unplug it from the wall.
3. Remove the Bonnet by pressing the tabs on either side, then lift while rotating it backward. There are 2 plastic tabs on the back of the bonnet that should slide up and out of the base. Set the bonnet aside.
4. Remove the Globe from the Base and wipe the Globe down with paper towel and disinfectant. Make sure the waste port is clean.
- On either side of the Globe opening, use the end of a paperclip or a flathead screwdriver to remove the screw caps.
Tip: Place your thumb over the screw cap as you wedge it out of place to avoid flinging it.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the 8 screws around the equator of the Globe and carefully set the screws aside.
- Set the globe on its back and split the halves; set the top half aside.
Remove the Old Liner
1. Note the placement of the foam strips on the back-left side of the Globe. You will have to place new ones in a similar fashion. Remove and discard.
2. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the bolt near the opening and the nut inside the Globe.
3. From the lip of the opening, peel back the Globe Liner, then unhook the Liner from the slots on the left and right sides of the entryway.
4. Slide the rubber T-mount out of the T-Slot. Disregard this instruction if your Globe Liner does not have this.
5. Peel the Globe Liner out of the channel inside the Globe and discard it.
Install the New Liner
1. Check that the weight on the underside of the Globe Liner is secured in its pocket.
2. Place the Globe Liner centered in the Globe and aligned to the entryway.
3. Slide the T-Mounts at both ends of the liner into the T-Slots at the entrance of the Globe. Disregard this instruction if your Globe Liner does not have this.
4. Wrap the Globe Liner around the lip of the entryway.
5. Push the ridge in the Globe Liner into the channel on the Globe.
6. Once the Globe Liner is in place, work any slack around the channel until there are no gaps and it rests evenly.
7. Replace the screw through the existing hole from the underside of the Globe and through the slit in the Liner. Finish by fastening with the nut on the Liner side.
8. Place the two new foam strips provided. Adhere the first one to the plastic Globe, and the second one overlapping the plastic and the Globe Liner.
1. Replace the top half of the Globe. Make sure the Globe Liner stays secure in its channel and that the foam is completely hidden. Once in place, if you can see the foam strips, reposition the foam and/or upper Globe until no foam is visible.
2. Use a Phillips screwdriver to replace the 8 screws you removed previously.
3. Replace screw caps by pushing them into place.
4. Reassemble Litter-Robot, plug it in, and power on.