The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Litter-Robot 3 Onboarding: Red Power button
If your Litter-Robot 3 is displaying a red power light while trying to onboard, there are several things we need to check.
- First, quickly tap the Reset button.
- The lower left LED Ready light should now be solid blue.
- Wait 5 to 10 seconds, then enter onboarding mode again by pressing both the Cycle and Empty buttons together for approximately 3 seconds or until the Power button turns blue.
Pressing for too long will make the light turn red.
- Power the unit off.
- Unplug the power supply from the back of the Base.
- If the Power button continues to display red, perform a power cycle before re-attempting the onboarding process.
- Wait 1 minute.
- Plug it back in.
- Press the Power button to turn the unit on.
- When your unit is powered back on, it will perform a clean cycle.
- Once the clean cycle is complete, the unit should go back to blue ready status.
- Attempt to initiate onboarding again by pressing the Cycle and Empty buttons.
- Enter onboarding mode again by pressing both the Cycle and Empty buttons together for approximately 3 seconds or until the Power button turns blue.
Successful: If the power button turned blue and you are able to complete the onboarding process, you've been successful.
Unsuccessful: If you've completed this troubleshooting and your Litter-Robot is still displaying a red power button, your unit needs to be repaired.
Issue not resolved?
What do I do?
My unit is covered by WhiskerCare™
If your Litter-Robot is covered by our WhiskerCare™ warranty, you have access to replacement parts, at no cost, to get your Litter-Robot up-and-running quickly.
- Simply log in to your account at litter-robot.com
- Click on ‘My Robots’ to access the parts available for your robot.
- Select the part you need
- We’ll ship you the part at no cost, along with detailed instructions.
The warranty on my unit has expired
If your unit is no longer under warranty, we can help you with the necessary parts and instructions to properly fix your unit at home.
Parts Needed (choose one):
Need technical support?
Our Troubleshooting Wizard will solve most issues and is the fastest way to get help.