The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Litter-Robot 3: Connect Upgrade Kit Installation Guide
- Needle-nose pliers
- Flathead screwdriver
- Press the Power button to turn the Litter-Robot off and unplug it from the wall.
- Remove the power supply plug from the rear of the unit.
- Remove the bonnet and globe.
- Carefully remove the old blue applique using a small flathead screwdriver or blade.
- Apply the new black applique to the control panel cover
- Remove the waste drawer from your Litter-Robot base and set it aside.
- Open the control panel by removing the 5 screws.
- Carefully remove the circuit board cover; take care not to lose any of the screws.
- Unplug the 3 connectors on the circuit board.
- Before installing the new circuit board, ensure that the motor sits flush in the motor cavity and that no wires are in the way of the motor’s gear.
- Remove the rubber keypad from the circuit board, setting the circuit board aside.
- Install the rubber circuit board cover over the new circuit board. Make sure that it is securely fitted along all of the edges.
- Connect the DFI wires to the 4-pin connector on the new circuit board.
- Connect the remaining wires to the 6-pin and 8-pin connectors on the new circuit board.
- Replace the circuit board cover, making sure all of the buttons are in place.
- Once all the connections are secured, replace the circuit board cover and secure it with the 5 screws.
- Remove the old serial number label. It can be located on the back of the base or inside the base, behind the waste drawer. Apply the new label from your kit in its place. Please note: The app will not work with the old serial number, so you must complete this step.
- Reassemble the globe and bonnet. Slide the drawer into the base.
- Plug the unit in. Turn the unit on, and let the initial clean cycle finish. The globe should return to the Home position with the blue Ready light on. Follow the Connect Getting Started Guide to onboard your Litter-Robot and connect to the app.