The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
What's in the box
15 Volt DC Power Supply
1 Carbon Filter
3 Waste Drawer Liners
Most Accessories (optional – sold separately or in bundle)
Ensure proper placement
Your Litter-Robot comes fully assembled and ready to use. Get started by following the steps below.
- If possible, place Litter-Robot in the same location as the old litter box (at least during transition).
- Make sure the unit is on a firm, level surface in a cool, dry location.
- Locate the unit near a power outlet. Ensure the unit isn’t pushed against a wall or into a corner.
- Place litter mats or rugs in front of the unit.
Add clumping litter
Litter-Robot’s litter sifting system requires clumping litter. Litter beads and crystals that are small enough to pass through the screen will also work.
What not to use
DO NOT use litters that are strictly absorbent, non-clumping, loose-clumping, newspaper-based, or wood-based pellets.
Fill the globe through the opening until litter meets the raised fill line when spread flat (about 8-10 lbs by weight or 1 gal by volume). Be careful not to overfill the globe.
Power on and initial clean cycle
Plug it in
Plug the small end of the power supply into the socket on the back of the base. Then plug the AC/DC adapter into a wall outlet.
Initial clean cycle
Press the Power button on the control panel. Litter-Robot will perform an initial clean cycle that will last 2 minutes. (Note: During the initial clean cycle, the cat sensor weight scale is disabled to ensure proper calibration.)
How the clean cycle works
When your cat exits, a timer counts down, allowing litter to clump before a clean cycle begins:
When your cat exits Litter-Robot, a timer counts down, allowing the litter to clump before a clean cycle begins.
During the clean cycle, the globe slowly rotates. The patented sifting process separates the clumps from the clean litter.
The clumps are deposited into a sealed waste drawer below.
The globe returns to the home position, leaving a clean bed of litter for the next use.
Simply empty the waste drawer when indicated by the app or the control panel, and add litter as needed.
Onboarding the app
Download the Whisker app
Download the Whisker app and follow the onboarding instructions.
Screens may vary as app gets updated.
Introducing your cat to Litter-Robot
Most likely, your cat will quickly adapt to Litter-Robot. When using in automatic mode, be sure your cat or kitten weighs at least 3 lbs—the weight scale will not recognize cats weighing less than 3 lbs.
Location is key
Place Litter-Robot in the same location as the current litter box, set it up, and make sure it is turned off. Give your cats a day or two to explore Litter-Robot.
Add a scoop of litter from the old litter box to Litter-Robot to provide a familiar scent for your cat.
Place treats around Litter-Robot so your cat associates rewards with the unit.
Introduce the clean cycle
Once your cat has used Litter-Robot, power it on with your cat present so they become familiar with the motion and noise while you’re there to reassure them. Turn the unit off again after it cycles.
Make the old litter box less attractive
Go as long as possible without cleaning the old litter box (but be sure to closely monitor your cat's litter box activity). Cats prefer a clean litter box and a dirty litter box might persuade them to use the clean Litter-Robot.
Say goodbye to scooping
Once your cats are consistently using Litter-Robot, you can turn the unit on and leave it on to operate in automatic mode.
Add litter as needed
How often you add litter depends on how many cats use Litter-Robot and how frequently they use it. Litter-Robot uses litter very efficiently since the patented sifting mechanism only removes the clumps. We recommend checking the litter level each time you empty the waste drawer. If the litter is below the raised MAX fill line inside the globe, add just enough litter to meet the line.
Control panel buttons
- Press and release the Power button to turn the robot ON or OFF.
- The robot will begin a clean cycle when power is turned on.
- Press and release the Reset button to zero the weight scale. (Do this after emptying the waste drawer, adding litter, etc.)
- Press and hold, while at the home position, to enter night light setting mode.
- Press and release the Connect button to turn the WiFi ON or OFF.
- Press and hold, while at the home position, to initiate the onboarding process.
- Press and release the Cycle button to start a clean cycle.
- Press and hold, while at the home position, to enter sleep mode.
- Press and release the Empty button to start an empty cycle (empties all litter into the waste drawer).
- Press and hold, while at the home position, to enter wait time setting mode.
Robot ready and connected.
Waste drawer full.
WiFi flashing yellow
Robot in WiFi onboarding mode.
Robot paused during cycle.
Round robin yellow*
*Yellow light moving with the rotation of the globe.
Cat detected and wait time countdown initiated.
Sleep mode enabled, within specified sleep time.